Montag, 10. Mai 2010

Monumentos Compresenciativos 5, 9 de mayo 2010




Just made mine.
In front of my appartment, in Bartolomé Mitre 1131, Buenos Aires.

I often find old suitcases left abandoned in the streets,
along with other belongings to old people who just died,
or were found dead in their homes.

The few things they owned, thrown in the streets
and collected by the garbage truck
(except when I got there first).

So I have a lot of old suitcases with photographs, stamps and letters
from people who lived before me. This was my homage.
I stood there untill the candles ran out.
All neighbours giving me a funny eye.

I like to think that for those moments the candles were burning,
the dead were able to see through my eyes the world they have just left.
To feel the warmth of the candle on their faces.


Microcentro, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Juan Manuel Ipiña.
Soltar